Saturday, September 23, 2006

Typing out verses is tedious and sometimes annoying, but the benefit is amazing. i have time to take each word as i type it, to come up with a conclusion as to what it means. which helps me to understand the whole thing as a whole.
so here goes.

Philippians 1:3-11
I thank my God every time i remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with Joy because of your partnership in the Gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since i have you in my heart; for whether i am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in Knowledge and Depth of Insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of Righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ-to the glory and praise of God.

i read that, and was amazed at one part in peticular. "Phillipians 1:9 ...And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight. ..."

fascinating way to pray for someone. He didn't just pray that they would love people. anyone can love someone. but he prayed that there love would be filled with Knowledge and depth of insight. and why did he pray for that? So that they would be able to discern what was best and that they would be pure and blameless until Christ's second coming.I can only assume that's what the "Day of Christ" is. His return.
But what would it look like? Physically? to have Love that abounded in Knowledge and Depth of insight! I want to ask God to give me that, I want you to ask God to give you that. what an amazing Gift that would be!

another area that stuck out to me in those verses, was how Paul said "I thank God every time I remember you." That kind of sounded weird to me, that he would thank God for remebering someone. what does that mean? why would he say that? The only thing that came to my mind was that God probably put the "remebering" in Pauls mind. that would be the only reason (that I can see) that Paul would thank God.

well. thanks for listening again. have a good day. and keep God in the center of your Prayers.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

You're so brave! I have had my blog for almost two years (well, 'almost' is february) and I've never ever changed my layout. I love it though-- it's cool that you change it up. I like this one.
Also, typing verses is tedious, I concur; however, it does help you to remember them for sure *looks at bible* *looks at screen* *looks at bible again* yeah...

Carina said...

Man stephanie, if only you knew how long it took me to figure out this blog. i had to fix all the "encryption" and HTML and all that stuff. i was about to bite my arm off!!!