Wednesday, March 05, 2014

It's been almost a whole YEAR since I wrote on here. Babies definitely take up precious time. And by babies, I mean 2 of them. Eli and Liam.

Two little bundles of silly, destructive, energetic, happy, intuitive, exploring baby-fat.
I love them to death.
Aprill 22nd is Taylor and Eli's birthday. 25 and 2!
May 30th is Liam's birthday. 1. 
July 9th is my 27th birthday.
And July 22nd is our 3 year ANNIVERSARY!!!

So many big events, all in one fell swoop. I'm excited!
2 things I have been thinking about lately: Being a Wife and a Mother.
I have only been married for 3 years, but in these 3 years we have experience so much. Happiness, anger, love, stress, joy, big decisions, small decisions, messiness, moving, debt, babies, fights, snuggling, distance, heart-ache, fatigue, laughter, God. I could keep going, but my post's need to be quick....you know, with babies and all....
 I wouldn't take back any experience. I wouldn't take back having my babies so soon in our marriage.While I have thought about how fun and enjoyable my life could be not having to worry about the life of two little kids, we would lose so many things we have grown in. And those things have shaped us for the good.

I have been a mother for almost...3 years. I definitely count pregnancy in the figure :)
My body has been damaged, expanded then deflated, stretched, gone through  trauma, fatigue and worry. But would I give all that up for freedom?  I'd do it again in a heart-beat...and honestly am soon going to be ready to have another baby soon! (Time to start working on Taylor) Being a mom is such a challenge, but such a joy. Being a stay-at-home mom is such an honor, although sometimes I don't feel that way. But as Eli starts to say "Please" and "Thank-you" and Liam gurgles with sweet baby happiness, I can't help but thank the Lord for strength to pour my life into theirs. I love the sweet mornings, making Eli oatmeal, watching Liam scarf a bottle. God has blessed me. I'm glad I can sometimes see that through the thrashed, smelly home.



No comments: