Friday, April 19, 2013

          Lately I have been thinking about my relationship with Christ. How close do I feel to Him and how can I get closer. I finished reading a trilogy by Ted Dekker, the Circle Trilogy. Black, Red and White. It gives an amazing visual image of how Christ created and romanced us, how we fell away through sin and his amazing plan of bringing us back to Him as His Bride.

2 Corinthians 11:2

English Standard Version (ESV)
For I feel a divine jealousy for you, since I betrothed you to one husband, to present you as a pure virgin to Christ.

Revelation 19:7-9

English Standard Version (ESV)
Let us rejoice and exult
    and give him the glory,
for the marriage of the Lamb has come,
    and his Bride has made herself ready;
it was granted her to clothe herself
    with fine linen, bright and pure”—
for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints.
And the angel said[a] to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”

          God has such a beautiful story He has put us in. To see myself as a sinful person makes me sad, to sin against a God with such a powerful love for me, but it makes His story so much more intense and profound. God's love is deeper then I could ever understand, and to stand before Him as His bride someday soon will be thrilling. I am so grateful He has pursued me. Now it is my job to pursue Him and to get closer to Him. It can be quite a challenging  task, but given the Lord's perseverance for me, I know I must strive harder for Him.
          I know a lot of this doesn't make sense. It is my rambling mind, but I felt I needed to voice my mind.

          Now that I got that out of my head...a MONTH AND A HALF before little Liam comes. My mom bought a birth kit that has most of everything I will need for a home birth. Lots of pads, bed pads, a plastic sheet, Ziploc bags, some tinctures for cramps and inflammation, and a bunch of other stuff. Can't wait to pop this guy out and have, hopefully, a long break from pregnancy! (Lord willing...:)

No comments: