Thursday, March 31, 2011

so tomorrow my parents are going on a marriage retreat for 3 days (without crystal). i am so proud of them. i was so discouraged on my last post, but God has been faithful to my prayers and has taught me to trust Him. i knew that trusting God was something i needed to work on, and i prayed about it. and lo and behold, just like when i prayed for patience when i was 15, He answered in so many different ways my head is spinning. i want to thank joy. she said something to me, when i first found out my parents were struggling that sticks in my mind. she said "be glad your parents love eachother enough to go to counseling." i didn't know how to feel about that or not, i just wanted their marriage to be instantly better. but i should've known it would take time, silly me. i'm glad they were willing to stick it out. also, i want to thank God who put taylor in my life. without taylor, it would have been so much harder to go through this. he was there to comfort me, and to talk through it with me, and since he had already experienced worse than what i had to go through, he could relate. God is always faithful. i now kindof understand the verse that says God will only give you what you can handle.
the newest things on my "stress list" is my car. about 2 days ago i was driving back home from taylors and i shifted up to 1st and my car wouldn't accelerate and it started to shake really bad. so i pulled over by the fire-staion in estacada and (having left my phone AT taylors) i walked back to taylors so he could give me a ride home. the next day i had my car towed to a muffler store. all day yesterday and today i worried and worried about my car. will i have to shovel out a bunch of money to fix it? will i have to get a new car? if i fix it, how long will it take? will i be able to get to work, or will i have to ride my bike or walk? i am just so worried about it. yesterday i almost threw up i worried so much! Gah! i hate it when i do that. i need to again, learn to rely on God and His strength in thisn area of my life, but it is hard.

No comments: