Sunday, September 10, 2006

well. does anyone have free kittens? Free kittens anyone!?

or a free puppy! especially a tibetan mastiff...for those of you who know me best, you know how much i LOve! Tibetan Mastiff's! they're the most amazing Dog Breed that God could ever make (Excitement is personal, as is the view and statement...) aside from the Really! awesome Great Dane!
let me tell you of my first encounter with a Tibetan Mastiff...

it was warm, almost muggy, but absolutely just right. we were touring Steven's son's art\furniture Gallery. that's not really what it was, but me being an artist, that's what i saw. all of it was really awsome. as we stepped through the open doors, the indian air got just a tad bit warmer. Joshuah and Isaac handed each of us a complimentary hanger. :) hahah! (that was pretty funny...) WHICH! i don't have...darnit! i just remembered that...i think Brent has it. anyways...
so we step out of the old building and begin to walk back to the car, all the guys talking. especially Jake who was enamoured with there building skills and tools and whatnot. when steven steered us toward the front door. he said "you want to see our puppy?" i was curious. i didn't know what kind it was, but i knew i loved puppies. so me and lanelle went over to see it.

and there it was.

the most innocent ball of fluff you could ever lay your eyes on. staring at me. beckoning me to finger my hand through it's soft warm fur. lanelle got to it first. she squatted down and petted it for what seemed like an eternity for me. i Needed to touch it! finally she scooted away. i was free to look at it and talk to it. it was so sweet. it wasn't more than a month old, and it was quite tiny. i didn't realize what a monster it would turn out to be, but a gentle monster. i kept petting it. i couldn't tear myself away. some lady came out to stare at me, while Brent kept telling me to get away from it because we had to leave...but i made my moment with this tiny creature last...

right now it's probably Ginormous. like 50 times the size i left it in. but i hope i get to see it again. we really had a connection. a bond. ok that sounds corny. but i did fall in love with the breed.

so that's the story.

you need to get a tibetan mastiff.

2 comments:

Joy said...

If they weren't so rare, I'm sure they'd be easier to get your greedy little paws on. But now you have to go through screening processes with those breeders. Bah.

Carina said...

yah. sad stuff. they probably won't like me. and i'll probably have to have a home.