Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Taylor and I are making a commitment tonight to go to bed an hour early each night, to read the Bible in bed and unwind and talk about our day. I pray we can keep it up. Marriage so far has been fairly easy. It was easier than I thought it would be, to get used to sharing my life with a man. I thought it would be hard to share a bed, share food, figure out things to do, but it seemed to come naturally, which I am very thankful for.
     As for the baby, he is getting stronger each day. I saw him move, like a small ball, from one side of my stomach to the other. It was creepy, but cool. I love the little guy already. I can't help but think he already is showing his personality. I played a video of Taylor talking to me, and I held the phone close to my belly, and Eli started to kick rhythmically, like he was excited to hear his dads voice so close. It was cute.
     Also, we just got back from winter retreat today. There were about 45 people that went this year. Twice as many as we are used to. It was crazy. There were some stressful times, and masami didn't show up till Sunday afternoon, but I feel in all, it went great! I got to know almost all of the kids names and themselves much more than when we first got there. This one evening, we made popcorn, and this young man named Wesley came up and shoved a huge handful of popcorn in his mouth, and I thought, right there, that I wanted my son to be like.him. I told him that later and probably creeped him out, but I asked Taylor later, what boy he would want our son to be like and I kid you not he said Wesley! How funny. Well, Taylor is asleep, I'm getting sleepy and I am officially thirsty again...good night.

No comments: